That said, I've had a few people here and there hinting that maybe they could use an extension. So shout out in the comments below - do you need more time? Or is the remaining six days enough time to get it all done? I'm perfectly fine with putting off the judging process for while, maybe even until summer break. If enough people need it, I can pull the deadline back at least another week, more if necessary.
Things have been quiet here at TheTitlePage, but not without reason. Back in the Admin area, we’ve been making some plans and we think we’re ready to kick off the group proper with a contest!
Because this project is still very new, we’re going to keep things simple for now. Our first contest will be a free-for-all, no theme, no stringent requirements. All we ask is that you follow the normal rules (posted below for easy access), and do not exceed 30 lines. However, you are welcome to use as many titles as you want
Title Poem Rules
1. Each line must be the title of a work found somewhere on deviantART. Any type of art goes. Literature, Traditional, Photography, Film - creative titles aren't limited to one medium.
2. Minor modification is allowed. You can add small words like and, but, with, I, you, or, by. You can change the tense of a word, such as run/ ran/ running. You can change the plurality of a word as in book and books.
3. BUT, you can't just remove/insert a word altogether. You should keep as close to the original title as possible. Which leads to...
4. A single title can only be modified once. Please do not forget this rule, especially if you choose to string several titles together in one line!
5. Modification of punctuation and/or capitalization does not count. You are free to add or take away commas and periods, change all caps titles, or correct misspellings.
6. YOU MUST LINK ALL THE PIECES USED. This is a sort of community project after all - your poems will help bring exposure to many artists!
7. And please notify the artists that you have used their titles
8. Your own title must either be of another dA piece OR a title someone else could use for their own found poem.
Now, what’s in it for you? Well . . .
- Interview/feature for 1st. + a critique on two pieces of winner's choosing from travelgirlxx
- Interview from imaginative-lioness
- A copy of CaptainRandom’s new book The Clocksmith
- A photo print from betwixtthepages
- A critique on a piece of their choosing from travelgirlxx
All winners will receive features from disrhythmic, imaginative-lioness, AzizrianDaoXrak, Sammur-amat, camelopardalisinblue, betwixtthepages, DrippingWords, travelgirlxx, RiseandBe, and PoeticalCondition.
Other Important Stuff
I've chosen to open the contest now because it's Spring Break for me, and it either is for many others, or soon will be. That should give everyone a bit of free time to devote to hunting down their titles and composing a poem from them I'm setting the deadline to April 10th - that's a month to get your entry in! Only one entry per contestant please. However, you are free to write as many title poems as you like and may change your entry if you write a better poem later. You may submit your entry to the Contest Folder, or note them to me, SilverInkblot.
Good luck, and happy title hunting!
Points donated by SilverInkblot, GrannyJae, camelopardalisinblue, betwixtthepages, xlntwtch, and DrippingWords.